Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

90 gallon mixed reef being born

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
burningbaal

90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:21 pm

badxgillen wrote:
nice i love before and after pics.thats some nice cabbage.i have a frag but for some reason its not the fastest grower.i dig the macro of the anthelia polyps.i might need to grab some of those at some point. Laughing

my cabbage doesn't seem to grow much either, so don't feel too bad...I'm actually getting a little bored with it (and most of my softies)...I'd be happy to cut a couple heads of anthilia if you want to do a trade...any LPS?
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 pm

i think i have a frag of that cabbage as well, it grows very slow imo...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am

most of my LPS is realy slow growing but i do have some xenia and various other goodies for trades.by the way how are your other corals?do you only have 1 type of zoas?
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

not sure what I actually would want in trade...zoas could work if they're ones I don't have. I've got a frag of your green bay packers and a 3" rock covered in a couple varieties (candy apple reds are one of them, not sure of others). I would definitely be interested in a schnazzy zoa or two. or a little head of euphylia, I think xenia would just go in my sump as a nitrate sink...kind of an experiment I am considering since I'm not super excited about how fast it can take over a tank.

traded out the rock with most of my cabbage and the one with most of my mushrooms to a noob in lebanon (got two 750gph koralias!), I've got a few of the mushrooms that are still doing well, some gsp spattered about the tank, one big head of cabbage. sea-foam palys are quickly becoming a carpet on one of my favorite rocks Sad red palys are doing well except I think a couple NPS sponges are pissing them off a bit, it's ok, I'm not that attached to them. really hoping the new tank with be hard corals, some cool looking zoas and a clam or two, so I'm just kind of letting my current stuff do it's thing.

fighting a leak right now, the out of my return pump is connected to a barb fitting to 3/4" flex pipe and that barb fitting won't get tight enough...still working on that. but I got rock out of the tub and into the sump to get that water moving forward!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 am

man that sucks about the thread leaking.i am sure some tape or what not and everything will be golden.i have been wondering what seafoam palys look like if you have a pic or a link?
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

it's a barbed fitting that's leaking...I tightened down the clamp as tight as it'll go and it still leaks...I guess I need a different solution. I cut a few frags yesterday that are healing now, so I've got some fuzzy red mushroom, some of badX's sarcophyton, a red paly, and a couple anthilia. got a guy coming over at some point who gets two of the above (I have two of each type except the paly cut right now), the rest are available for trade. sea foam paly's are easy to cut and grow like weeds, a pic of someone else's is below (hijacked from PNWMAS)

90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 SDC10767
Back to top Go down
BuckNasty

BuckNasty

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:42 am

those look pretty good.do you have any pictures of the red palys or red shroom?
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 am

Palys (but a fragments of one under leds looks totally different):
90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 P9130591

Mushrooms:
90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 PB150629

The sea foam palys are pretty cool looking, but ttruly grow like weeds...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 pm

these corals wont know what hit em when you get the new lights on. Razz i will have to throw you a tank warming frag at some point.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:12 am

those blue-green ones at the top look pretty cool..
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Allright, it's on. I'm planning on hvong a bunch of nsw. Mixed and ready, I plan to be ready and going at 9 or so, call or text if you're up for saying high or helping out.
Sev-six-ohh, 4for-sixsev or pm
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 am

Well, it's moved!
90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 DSC_0109

and the frag rack
90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 DSC_0110

These were about 8 hours ago, it's much clearer now. it's gonna have to survive with low water tonight, but should get another 30 gallons or so tomorrow
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:46 am

glad to hear you got it taken care of.sorry i couldnt lend a hand with work and all.are you not filling the tank due to a leak issue or did you get that squared away?i like the corner magnet frag rack they are pretty sleek. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon mixed reef being born   90 gallon mixed reef being born - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

90 gallon mixed reef being born
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2