Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reefman

Reefman

Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) Empty
PostSubject: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm

My Tank has three Brittle stars in it. at first I only had two stars one red and one green. I puchased a reef cleaner pack online and it came with one mystery star which turned out to be another big red Brittle. Now every time my orriginal red which measures about 18 inchs from tip to tip comes across the little green star they battle and guese who looses. Yep its the green one he is trying to grow back his tenticals now, but against two giant reds he does'nt stand a chance so he needs a new home where he does'nt have any competition. catching one of the reds would be next to imposible since they stay deep into the reef. The little green is always out of the reef for the afore mentioned reason. Please let me know if anyone is interested in some kind of trade. I'm not exspecting much as the star like i said is pretty beat up, but I am sure he will survive if he is put in a tank where he is safe from abuse. Thanks.
Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) 01112 Sad

I made a trade with RedSkull for a Blue Polyp Coral frag and it made an awesome addition to my tank. Thanks RedSkull !!! cheers

Last edited by Marty-D on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a trade)
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Where is redskull? He loves those things
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:41 pm

looks very cool

I've only got frags to offer, but I'd be happy to do so. I've got dark red palys, fuzzy red mushrooms, sea foam green palys maybe an anthilia...any sound interesting?
Back to top Go down
Reefman

Reefman

PostSubject: (RE): Green Brittle   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

I"m up for any kind of trade Burningbaal, I sent you a PM if you get it we can figure out where to meet for a trade. So you can call me or email if you prefer.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:09 pm

didn't get the pm. I'll cut a paly and mushroom tonight to get them healing (I ust remembered I already committed what I have). can we meet next week?
Back to top Go down
Reefman

Reefman

PostSubject: (RE): Green Brittle star   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Burningball decided the star would'nt be a good fit for his tank which is totally cool because I agree with his reasoning. So the star is still up for trade. Like I said I dont exspect to get much for him because he does have a few short tenticals but no open wounds all of his short tenticals a starting to grow back. It will probubly survive and do good in the proper tank. Like I originally said the only reason I want to get rid of it is for its own safety from the two larger red brittles that are in the tank. I would get rid of one of them but they stay baried in the reef and it would be next to imposible to catch one without doing damage to it or tareing down my reef which is out of the question because it would upset the balance of the tank . Thanks everybody.

Last edited by Marty-D on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Star still up for trade)
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

i would, but i have no where to put them right now, my hex is getting borderline imo and the front tank houses my recovering serpent star (as he couldnt compete with my green monster)...
damnit, now i want them anyways, how big are they?
Back to top Go down
Reefman

Reefman

PostSubject: (RE): Green Brittle Star   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 pm

This star is fairly small about 6 to 7 inchs tip to tip of his tentacles that is. lol!
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 am

mine!
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:44 am

he is doing very well, i feed him bits of silversides every other day...

his tentacles are all grown back and he tends to hang out with my other green meany...
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

he is still doing well and has probably doubled in size...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)   Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made) Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Brittle Star (Trade has Been made)
Page 1 of 1