Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live vicariously through me :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

Live vicariously through me :) Empty
PostSubject: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:44 pm

So as most of you know there have been lots of changes and hardships for me in the past 10 months. My therapy is going to be overkill. I am now looking to set back up as many of my tanks as possible and looking for ideas. Since there are many - and I do mean many - tanks and rooms we will start with the living room. There is a ~40 gallon salt tank with a green brittle star a blue damsel and a purple firefish, a mithrax crab and a conch. Then there is a 90 gallon with 2 giant plecos, a tin foil barb, a blue and orange oscar and a beautiful Jaguar cichlid. An unoccupied ~36 gallon hex, an unoccupied 9 gallon Bi-ube, and two unoccupied 10 gallon regulars. In the dining area just off the living room will be a 55 gallon tank.

Your job is to help me fill up the tanks with lots of life and peace for me. I love my tanks and the more the merrier Smile Design the aquarium as if it were your dream tank and maybe it will happen - but in my living room - we can set up visitation if necessary Smile

So there are 5 empties to fill up as of now, with more to come.

Stock that I still have can be used as well: 1 bicher, 1 red tailed shark, 1 pictus, 2 big cory like fish, 1 upside down cat fish, 5 platys, 6 rainbows, 2 blind cave tetras, albino cories, x ray tetras 3 sword tails.

Looking forward to some great suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm

what about a river tank? badx had the plans for a pretty sweet powerhead/pvc tube diagram in one of his many books, it looked like it would be pretty cool looking in a long tank...
im always a fan of inverts myself...
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Sweet, a 55 gallon river tank sounds like a great plan, thinking some bright red barb and lots of plant life for the bi-ube. Definitely want more crays too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 am

hmmmm...brackish with a dragon goby and some archer fish swimming through a mangrove might be cool.the river tank is a good one with some smooth rocks and rocky overhangs full fo hill stream loaches.a soil based heavy planted tank is also one of my favorites.a low tech aproach.then there are the good old reef tanks.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 am

I think a mangrove system would be cool. Brackish. Maybe some mud skippers? Also archers are cool. And i have alwayd wanted to see splash tetras breed. But badx is right. If you really want to get lost in your tanks, take the plunge into salt. The inverts alone will keep you mesmorized forever
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live vicariously through me :)   Live vicariously through me :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Live vicariously through me :)
Page 1 of 1