Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Water line damage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:48 am

oh man....so i had a rather BIG disaster this last weekend on mothers day.later after getting home from running errands i go into my laundry room/bathroom and there is water dripping from the cieling..OH NO! i first run to the upstairs tanks.i check room to room but there are only full tanks.i go back down stairs and go into the laundry room again look up and see it is bowing down.i go outside and across the way to borrow a tool to shut of the water main and do just that.ik return to my house and prop many buckets as to catch the water seeping through.then i figure that i have to start somewhere to find the leak as i am not yet entirely sure as to where it is.i start cutting and pulling down some of the ceiling to expose the under studs and pipes.[img]Water line damage 5-16-110[/img]
talk about drip drip...
[img]Water line damage 5-16-111[/img]
talk about a sag.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:55 am

now CHECK THIS OUT!!!
[img]Water line damage 5-16-112[/img]after exposing the pipes i could see that it was coming from the water line going into my bathroom shower.[img]Water line damage 5-16-113[/img]
now upstairs to cut a hole into the back wall of the shower.i had to do a major extraction of the closet being the pack rat i am to get to the wall.[img]Water line damage 5-16-114[/img]
look at all that wet insulation i had to dig out. Mad
and here i find out that it is the shower flow diverter leaking water backwards into my wall wich then went down to the first floor.[img]Water line damage 5-16-115[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:04 am

this was going to take several trips to the hardware store and alot of research seeing as i have no construction or plumbing background. Neutral back and forth for a tool to take out the diverter core wich ended up being the wrong tool even though it was the recomended one and the same brand.then the other store happen to not have the tool in question so back to the other store to then go home and finaly get the core out so i could go back to the store and get the proper model replacement to install. all this was extremly complicated by my lack of knowledge,timeing, and ability to get from point A to point B then C and so forth.went without water for a little while but then i had to take a shower so i rigged up a ghetto flow deflector inside the wall and then a water barrier on the outside...super ghetto.
[img]Water line damage 5-16-116[/img]
but i finaly got everything squared away and the water back on.but now i have to learn how to do some drywall or whatnot..there are some big holes now.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:54 am

god damn that blows...
Back to top Go down
InvertsRock

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:32 pm

HIDEOUS!!!! Let me know if you need a ride to a hardware store, etc. Yucko.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:50 pm

isnt it??i have everything fixed except the dry wall and even that i have cleaned up a bit in preperation.THANK YOU for the offer of help as it is good to know there are some nice peoples out there still Smile i have a friend who i beleive has done a bit of construction in his days and i will be asking him for a crash course in dry wall and texturing.if i am lucky he will have the proper tools to complete the job if not then it is back to the hardware store.i suppose that will be the case no matter what.owning ones home is SWEET!!!and SOUR Razz
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:39 am

think of it as learning more mad skills... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water line damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water line damage   Water line damage Empty

Back to top Go down

Water line damage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: