Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PVC boosted frag rack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

PVC boosted frag rack Empty
PostSubject: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:07 pm

here is a smple version of a frag rack that is boosted by PVC pipe as to increase it wieght holding capacity.this can be used to create shelves as well forskimmers or light rockwork, you get the idea. in this instance i wanted to get the coral higher up to the lights and be able to hold more rock than a magnet can also leaving swim room for my lunar wrasse.
for this project i used some extra 3" PVC pipe i had.
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv10[/img]
then i cut the PVC to the length i wanted and then the egg crate to fit the size of the tanks left side .
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv11[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

then i used scrap egg crate to make a kind of ledge for theinside of the PVC pipe to catch on so the shelf top fits in place but is still removable when pulled up.
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv12[/img]
here it is as basic as it gets so far.
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv13[/img]
and a pic of it in the tank.
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv14[/img]
and here from the top.i cant wait to fill this up.i figure when it comes time to get under i can move the rack to the right of the tank while accesing the underneath or simply use a rubbermaid tuperware with tank water and put the whole shelf in there.
[img]PVC boosted frag rack Diy_pv15[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:16 pm

and just wait for the next one i build as it will be ghetto fantastic!i already built it with the excess parts i have and i works great here are some of the pieces.
i really want to make them all black but i suppose functionality first.it is a proto type Laughing
[img]PVC boosted frag rack 5-16-118[/img]
Back to top Go down
InvertsRock

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:39 pm

This is mucho helpful! I was just going to build something for frags tonight!! I wonder if it would be worth cutting some kind of divot half way up each of the white PVC pipes to make it possible to put in another shelf? Hmmm...let's see how brave I am!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:55 pm

now we are talking extra levels like a frag tree....that is what i am doing right now for aeuphylia tree and it is sweet.not the prettiest but extremly funtional.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:50 am

not pretty but very functional...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVC boosted frag rack   PVC boosted frag rack Empty

Back to top Go down

PVC boosted frag rack
Page 1 of 1