Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for....a chller?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reefmadness

Looking for....a chller? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for....a chller?   Looking for....a chller? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:26 pm

The recent hot weekend got me to thinking of a "cleaner" way to keep my tank cool. Fans seem to work, but they're "messy" and evaporate a lot of water. I'm not sure they'd work if the weather got much hotter either. And of course, my wife doesn't like all the bulky fans, cords, power strips, and flotsam strewn about. The reef tank is on thin ice now (pun intended).

So, I've always wanted to try a chiller but they're just outside my budget. I've seen used chillers selling for prices that *are* within my budget in other parts of the country.

So, I thought I'd see if anyone out there has a used chiller to sell. My tank is 55gal so the smallest size is right for me. What's my budget? Well, under $300 for sure. I saw a few 1/15HP units go for $115 to $250 out there on the net. Can't hurt to see what's out there in Corvallis/Willamette Valley.

Here's hoping we don't see any more extreme temps this year...

jeff.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Looking for....a chller?   Looking for....a chller? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a 1/10 hp sealine platinum series i have thought about getting rid of. Only issue is the thermostat doesnt work right. I have yet to call the manufacturer because it is too small for my system so why bother. It says the water is always 100 degrees and never shuts off. You can get around this by getting a cooling thermostat, or see about getting it fixed. Chills really well. Thinking about $120
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
reefmadness

PostSubject: Re: Looking for....a chller?   Looking for....a chller? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 pm

I have a controller (Digital Aquatics). I think I could use that and not worry about the thermostat. No?

If so, I'm interested. We should arrange a meet.

jeff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for....a chller?   Looking for....a chller? Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for....a chller?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: The Trading Post-
Jump to: