Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY Pavona Fragging

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

DIY Pavona Fragging Empty
PostSubject: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 pm

here is a piece of encrusting plateing green pavona that i want to frag into some experimental frags by basicaly glueing small shards of the pavona onto dead coral skeletons.most of you corals dont grow down as fast as up but i have found that not to be true with this pavona so i am giving it a whirl.[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Gigsti22[/img]
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Nice! let me know how that goes. Im very interested.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:09 am

yes they seem to encrust even plugs they are on, i think you will have some sweet frags from that, like moss covered branches...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 am

so here i glued on some smaller coral pieces to some frag plugs.nothing special for the trial run.[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Gigsti23[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:45 am

i placed a drop or two of glue on the coral pieces that are to recieve the pavona shards prior to cutting as i want it to be taky.then i simply cut the desired pieces off.with this coral i have done some extremely small frags and they came out.accidental to an extent.[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Gigsti24[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:48 am

then carefully place them on the glue spots.be gentle as they crush easily and can become enveloped in the excess of glue if there is any.repeat process while putting the frag plugs in there places and finished.these can take some time to grow as they have to recover and expand from such miniscule pieces.[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Gigsti25[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 am

you need to change your name to the madfragger, or the uni-fragger.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:38 am

nice..i wouldnt mind a title or too.or is it a ranking system.i have a long way to go as i am really just tinkering.i just happen to have alot of hands on time with some of these corals and the ambition to cutivate them in as many ways as i can.i am pretty shrot on funds as i have been since i can remeber so i try to keep things simple.just wait till i have some power tool means of coral seperation.watch out.FRAGALICIOUS.i will p[ost some pics of the growth on these bad boys soon as its definatly working.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 am

i was assuming title kind of thing, i mean you just frag it up like your spamming grenades or something, mad props...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 am

so here is the growth.this has been over a onth of growth.not the fastest growing but as you can see this worked out just as planned.next stop acropora skeletons to cover.[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Pavona10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 am

here we go again. as i am getting some assistance this time around i want to do a few more than usual.this time i have a number of skeletons i personaly lostand i think this makes it even better.

[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Diy_pa10[/img]
here is the doner mother.not much but thats all it takes.
[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Diy_pa12[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 am

i just glued the shards onto the skeletons like i did with the last batch.then resubmersed them and that was that.
[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Diy_pa13[/img]
here in then tank.
[img]DIY Pavona Fragging Diy_pa14[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:46 am

cant wait until i too have a bunch of awesome random frags, lol...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 pm

if i recall you are coming along nicely.conidering you havent been in the trade long and have spent a conservative amount of money.most of these corals are a pretty penny but tnext time you cruise by you can pick up one of these pavona shard experiments.chalk up another one.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:11 pm

i think my progress is due to my teachers and paying attention...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Pavona Fragging   DIY Pavona Fragging Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Pavona Fragging
Page 1 of 1