Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOSS in the Aquarium

Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

MOSS in the Aquarium Empty
PostSubject: MOSS in the Aquarium   MOSS in the Aquarium EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 am

So once again I have a friend who wanted to trade some plants/fish and I ended up with more moss.I am not complaining here as it seems there are more and more varieties becoming available to the area localy and each one has its won charms.This time he showed up with a really large frond fissidens and a large riccia. Now the riccia I am not sure about being a seprate type from the usual but it will be interesting to see as it would not surprise me if it were a large variety.Now the fissidens I have seen two varieties one that is a a little bit larger than the other.I already have the standard type and hope that both these arrivals are new variants...even if they are not then they are welcome additions as there seem to be a couple of new nanos that need some greenery.
MOSS in the Aquarium DSCF1006_zps77287172
GOTTA love the ziplok,I always feel bad that people bring over small things in such large bags...all well silent
MOSS in the Aquarium DSCF1008_zps9c6d3dae
this here is the fissidens
MOSS in the Aquarium DSCF1007_zps8594be0f
and this is the riccia.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

MOSS in the Aquarium Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOSS in the Aquarium   MOSS in the Aquarium EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 am

And now it time to get these little guys in the tank,and not all floating around.That means they need an anchor and I am not really wanting to do the thread thing so I am going a differnt route this time around and I think I will be satisfied,give it a try to your mosses I have a wall like this in a live bearer tank I have.
MOSS in the Aquarium DSCF1005_zpsa52f978c
Back to top Go down

MOSS in the Aquarium
Page 1 of 1