Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fish Compatability

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

Fish Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Fish Compatability   Fish Compatability EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 am

The saltwater tank I have currently has a couple of damsels two fire fish and a diamond goby. I am thinking about adding a scooter blenny. Does anyone have any experience with housing a scooter blenny with a diamond goby? I have quite the diatom issue and thinking maybe a scooter would help. Any input will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

Fish Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Compatability   Fish Compatability EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:11 pm

i have kept a yellow watchman goby with a scooter blenny and it worked out.the scooter did hide alot but they seem to do that by nature as they cruise around for copapods.the larger the tank the better as well as rock work but i think you should be good.i will ask a few of my fellow reefers as well as i have been wanting a red scooter as well and if i got one he would have to share a tank with an algae blenny.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Fish Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Compatability   Fish Compatability EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 pm

and on the diatoms you can utilze a absorbtion media and do the target siphon method to get it under control until you get a biuological contro.this way it wont be more than he can handle when you get him.light may also be acompanying the problem with nutrients as far as unwanted growth
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Fish Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Compatability   Fish Compatability EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 am

so upon talking with a few differnt peoples about this it seems that you should be in the green light as long as there isnt to much competition for foods and rock work.i am going to lok into getting a scooter or two.i do like the red ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Compatability   Fish Compatability Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish Compatability
Page 1 of 1