Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zoanthid Predator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 am

man oh man this is great.so at least it wasnt zoa pox wich i know very little about and it seems that that is just the way it is.instead i found my zoas not just closed up like they had been for a few days but actualy harmed.like little burned or eaten parts of the outer rims.i was pissed as i thgought maybe salt creep had fallen on them and that had caused it.[img]Zoanthid Predator Zoanth10[/img]
here not so bad but in this pic
[img]Zoanthid Predator Zoanth11[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 am

could bristle worms do that?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 pm

actualy i caught a couple of these asternia stars eating on a couple polyps.i have had the not so cool looking white and brown ones but never a purple one.i have read mixed reviews about them and never gave em a thought as i have a thousand of the regular ones in my main nano reef tank.so it seems there is a big difference between these starfish.so now i wont be tolerating or at least be warry of the more colorfull asternia stars.[img]Zoanthid Predator Aterni11[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:35 am

interesting... i will be sure to pluck any of those i find...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 am

i am getting a harliquin shrimp wich preys upon star fish exclusively.then i will have my vengence.its a shame as this little star is kinda nice looking.a costly food source though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zoanthid Predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoanthid Predator   Zoanthid Predator Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoanthid Predator
Page 1 of 1