Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X 40 breeder African setup.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

X 40 breeder African setup. Empty
PostSubject: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 pm

so i have had this tank for a little bit as i picked it up from a friend who needed to down size and i thought i would help him out by taking it.well i didnt really need a tank and it just sat for a little bit until i decided to set up another salt tank.i have little money and i found crushed coral bulk for a reasonable price and covered the bottom.then i started to think about lights and filteration and just decided to put everything on hold.then suddenly fate knocked on the door.it was another friend who had a few africans that needed a good home.so i put water in.plugged in the filter and accepted his fishes.theyare now in the 40 breeder and doing well except one wich is extremly emaceated.i will be working on that.gotta get me some medicated food for him.the others are a breeding pair of electric yellows and one geophagus of some kind.i know they are from completly differnt biotope but thats how i recieved them and they get along rather well.so i think.oh almost forgot about the standard hypostimus pleco and the ancistrus pleco i never see.[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Africa10[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:00 pm

here is the fron tank shot with the first bit of rock i put in .i have alot of fish realted stuff just lying around but as far as lace rock"wich is what i want to use"i dont have too much.pretty bleak here.[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Africa11[/img]
and here is one of the yellows
[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Electr10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:03 pm

so i went to the animal house and threw down some hrad earned cash for some pretty choice peices of lace rock.i got those crazy deals and was able to fill most of the tank for pretty cheap.the rock is so nice i have to find some other base rocks so that these bad boys dont go to waste on the bottom.i know they are just rocks.things look so much better.[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Africa12[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 am

i hooked up with some pretty heavy granite pieces " i believe " from a fellow aquarist that are going to make some pretty sweet stacks of rock work first i am putting some under my lace rock in my african tank to boost the existing rock work and give it a solid base.i will try to arange the rock in little cave underneath but out of view to maximize area.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 am

got yhis standard pleco for my african tank.nothing fancy just functional...and he needed a home.sorry its a bad pic but he is still shy and hiding under the new cave work.i put an acncistrus pleco in there too just for fun.so far so good.
[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Africa13[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 am

and here is the geophagus homing in on a snail.i need a snail farm.another project...
[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Geopha10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 am

got me a bicher for my african tank.here he is gapping his jaw.the geophagus is really giving him a hard time but i think it will pass.there are a lot of places the earth eater cant go and the slender bicher can.
[img]X 40 breeder African setup. Bicher10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X 40 breeder African setup.   X 40 breeder African setup. Empty

Back to top Go down

X 40 breeder African setup.
Page 1 of 1