Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honduran Red Point Cichlids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Honduran Red Point Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 am

so i have had this honduran red point cichlid for quite some time now and he has exibited some really nice colorations.most likely breeding colors so i got him some convicts to hybridize with as there were no red points available at the time.finaly they have spawned. Smile yay. but just after spawning the nearest local pet store had gotten some more actual redpoints in.i am torn between feeding of the hybrids and going for another red for some pure breds.but deep inside i want to raise up this batch of fruy and see what happens.unfortunatly i dont have room to do both breding projects.
[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Gigsti29[/img]
[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Gigsti30[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 am

roll with what you got, more will come in again...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 am

diligent gaurding of the fry in a cave for the first day or two.the male makes big rounds while the feamle stays close and really keeps an eye on things.

[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Convic10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 am

well my dwarf cichlids arent being as good of parents as i would have liked them to be and i for some reason only have about 7-10 fry left.they were herding them around and tending to them fine but then this morning i see very few.i removed the remaining fishes to another tank and am leaving the pair to themselves for a while.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

I NEED A MACRO setting on a camera as these guys are so frustratingly hard to photo.i count only 8 left but i have been feeding heavy micro worms to the fry and frozen brine for the parents.i am sure they will breed again but i want to see these hybrids as soon as possible too.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 am

finaly got a picture that is recognizable.you can kinda make out a few of the fry in the middle of the tank as they are becoming more and more free swimming.
[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Red_po10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:43 pm

well i didnt remove the parents in time and they have consumed all of them i believe.... Crying or Very sad i will not give up though i think they will go for a round three.maybe i will seperate them and prime em first.and some deffinate intervention.its not so bad as these were going to be hybrids that most people find undesireable.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:47 am

yeah, im sure they can pull off another batch.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 am

so they ended up spawning again but the fry from the last batch that i had not removed yet seem to have eaten all the new fry.the parents seem confused and the first batch seem full and happy.
[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Red_po11[/img]
can you see the little guy trailing after the father.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:32 am

i drained the tank down and caught the last of the little guys. five in all. i put them in a samll tank i keep cory cats in to grow em out to see there true colors.they are growing pretty fast and eat everything they can lareg and samll.they are also becomeing acustomed to humans so to speak.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 am

here are the little guys again in the blowl just being released into another temp tank.
lotsa stripes so far.
[img]Honduran Red Point Cichlids Red_po12[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honduran Red Point Cichlids   Honduran Red Point Cichlids Empty

Back to top Go down

Honduran Red Point Cichlids
Page 1 of 1