Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

leather coral from bert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

leather coral from bert Empty
PostSubject: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:35 am

i got a little frag from robert a few months back and it is doing awesome. It grew wide before it finally started growing up. But now that it has a stem or stalk or whatever it is looking even cooler... twisting like an old oak tree... one of my skunk clowns uses it as an anemone from time to time even though it has one right there (though it is dominated by the other clown so i guess he needs a place of his own)

https://youtu.be/2JKW74XZhSs
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:13 pm

man that has grown and is looking happy ,the clown looks pretty happy too. are you using the same camera you use for photographs as you do for video?and is that the 16 bow front? as you probably know thes guys get big so just a reminder to make sure it is on a rock that can be removed easily to frag it later down the road. Laughing mushroom leathers are way cool.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 am

i need some of that... we need to talk badx...
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 am

it is bad ass. I cant even imagine what it will look like when it gets big. Looks great under actinic. Lots of motion
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 pm

I think I've got a sister frag of the same thing from him, also doing very well. the stalk has probably doubled in length and it's out any time the lights are on. I look forward to seeing it in my future 90 under 432watts of T5...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:58 am

good to hear the frags are doing well.just incase mine goes down there are genetics nearby.i am now growing out the all green variety so in good time this one should make its way into some off the forum members hands. Laughing i have seen a couple varients and they seem to live next to each other without quarel so if someone comes accross a differnt type grow it out, frag it, then share the goodness with me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leather coral from bert   leather coral from bert Empty

Back to top Go down

leather coral from bert
Page 1 of 1