Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First ball python

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishkid

Fishkid

First ball python Empty
PostSubject: First ball python   First ball python EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi, I got my first ball python at the willsonville reptile expo. He is a really nice lesser platinum but there is one problem. He has only been fed live but I want to switch him over to frozen. How do I do that?

Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

First ball python Empty
PostSubject: Re: First ball python   First ball python EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Making sure the mouse\rat is rather warm via soaking in hot water prior to feeding helps. Some times people use a small piece of soup bullion in the soak water to add some aroma,this is to entice the snake. Then there is a method that you take a pin\needle and spear it through the head of the rodent then move it about as to scramble some of the heads insides,this is another way to make the mouse more appealing but is a little bit too far for most people to go. You can also try waiting a week longer than your usual feeding and see if its ready to eat then due to hunger.And then sometimes it just takes time,I have seen some snakes refuse for moonths then one day they decide they will accept a frozen food stuff.
Back to top Go down

First ball python
Page 1 of 1