An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pond Plants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

PostSubject: Pond Plants   Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 am

Although it is about winter time here in my neck of the woods some of my plants are still going strong.
Gave me a chance to snap a few shots of some nice greenery, check some of it out here.

Just chillin in my pond

First off some nice Water Lettuce.

These are a classic floating plant that provides great surface cover for the fish during the summer months and looks good doing it. I love the slightly fuzzy hydrophobic haris that cover the bright green foliage, there are a few variants out there now with slightly different leaf whorls.

As you can see they have a nice and healthy root system going on still, absorbing much sun and nutrients from the water. They can help keep things cooler during really hot days and are a spot for natural foods to be found such as insects and their larva.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pond Plants
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1