Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Albino Oscar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kylehansen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 am

Here's a pic of my 16 inch albino oscar "Mr. Brain".

[img]Albino Oscar Oscar13[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 am

thats badd a$$ and huge.how long have you had him and what do you feed him.i have a tiger oscar that hasnt grown much in the last year or two.i have spot on perameters.i dont feed the best or the worst so maybe mine is stunted.what do you keep housed with that bad boy?
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 pm

i have him on pellets as his staple and feed him lots of meaty foods like beef and chicken heart and earthworms. The only thing that has survived him is a 18 inch pleco. Hopefully i will be able to replace the pleco with my delhizi bichir soon. If he allows it haha
Back to top Go down
Batyjuogri7

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:25 am

[quote="kylehansen"] Here's a pic of my 16 inch albino oscar "Mr. Brain".

hey kylehansen, it's a nice pic of your 16 inch albino oscar. As we are discussing about Albino Oscar so sometimes a question just gets in my head and I have to have an answer. The latest occurrence of this is related to Albino Oscars and Lutino Oscars. What are they? This led to many hours of researching numerous articles on the Internet and I came to a single conclusion. No one, even in science, has a definitive answer. Of course, science understands albinism. We can readily identify a true Albino Oscar by an absence of dark coloration and red eyes, but what makes an albino an albino? And what is a Lutino Oscar? Is it a form of partial albinism? Is it an example of leucism? Or is it something else.

This is where there are differing opinions and there are no absolute answers. Because the answers are not written in black and white (at least not where I've been able to find them), we are left to draw conclusions, which is what this article is all about.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 pm

We can readily identify a true Albino Oscar by an absence of dark coloration and red eyes, but what makes an albino an albino?

a genetic flaw that we have exploited through selective breeding.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:21 pm

^what he said
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

a lutino oscar or bird for that matter is similar to albinos but there is a retention of one or more pigments.in oscars cases it is usualy the red and oranges that remain so you get a white fish with beautiful red markings.aparantly the most sought after lutino oscars also retain some black pigments in the fins but not the body.and i believe leucism IS being partialy albino.at least in the snake and bird world.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:35 pm

AWWWWW DAMN...here is some good reading.just for fun. http://oscarfish.com/article-home/oscars/58-what-are-albino-and-lutinos.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Albino Oscar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Oscar   Albino Oscar Empty

Back to top Go down

Albino Oscar
Page 1 of 1