Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some of my freshwater fish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kylehansen

some of my freshwater fish Empty
PostSubject: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 am

Thought i would get a pic or two since i haven't posted in awhile. Hope you like them!

[img]some of my freshwater fish Freshy10[/img]

this is my leopard Ctenopoma

[img]some of my freshwater fish Pleco10[/img]
and this is my gold nugget pleco. sorry about the bad pic. Hes pretty shy and it takes him forever to get used to new things haha.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:18 am

thats a nice fish.
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:35 am

they look way better in real life. The leapard is about 6 inches long and almost 3 inches high. and the gold nugget is about 5 inches and i didnt get his gold banded fins but both of them can be very elusive haha
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:34 am

so i have had no luck with the gold nugget plecos and really want to get another one but they are spendy.any tips for my next purchase.they seem to sell quikly..or maybe they are departing by other means.yours looks pretty sweet.and that leopard is bomb.i have wanted one for so long but i heard they like some salt.thats not entirely true is it.
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks. Actually i put salt in (in order to pre treat some ich i thought might break out), and both the leopard and the pleco HATED it! The most important thing to me about the pleco is warmer temperature and meaty foods.My tank never drops below 82 degrees. At first i thought i would run into problems with the warmer temperature, but after increasing my surface agitation to increase the oxygen content, i found that all my fish eat better, are more disease resistant, and increased some of their colors! Also he needs to have meaty foods. I didn't realize this till i stopped putting meaty bits because maintenince was getting tedius, but after a week or two he started losing color and getting skinny. I couldn't figure it out till i threw some bloodworms in and the pleco came out and devoured all of them.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 am

aww damn i might look into one of those gold nuggets,para pleco, or a royal.and what about shrimps for em like brine and mysis as i always have that on hand.
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 am

I havent tried mysis but he does like brine shrimp and those para plecos can look crazy cool.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 am

everything loves mysis...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some of my freshwater fish   some of my freshwater fish Empty

Back to top Go down

some of my freshwater fish
Page 1 of 1