Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my 20 L freshwater

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ENBG

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 am

In the fishtank I have:
3 congo tetras
2 ottos
1 reticulated hillstream loach
2 blueberry shrimp
2 crystal red shrimp
6 zebra danios (3albino)
1 yellow spiny eel
a growing population of ramshorn snails

as for plants i have
1 dwarf lily
1 ammannia sulawesi
3 pads of fissidens fontanus
some corkscrew vall
3 crypt wendtii
3 banana plants
some java moss

On the plants, I am not entirely positive on some of the plants.. I would love it if you guys could help me ID some of the plants, I think I have ludwigia in there as well but not sure what kind it is, and I would like to know what type of plant the broad-leaved green ones I have on the far left and right sides of the tank are. I can take better pictures eventually, but this is all i got for now

Front View
[img]my 20 L freshwater PB202093-1[/img]

Far left side
my 20 L freshwater PB202104

Left front view

my 20 L freshwater PB202105-1

my 20 L freshwater PB202096-1

my 20 L freshwater PB202099
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 am

Lookin Good. Smile lookin good.the taller plants look like they could be hygrophylia carambosa.i am digging that male congo tetra next to the danio.and your spiny eel doesnt go for the shrimps?i gotta hook you up with one more piece of wood or rock and then let those plants grow in.
Back to top Go down
ENBG

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks alot! and yes, surprisingly I have not seen the eel pay any attention to the shrimp. I was kindof expecting it to go for the crystal red shrimp because they are small, but I have seen all the shrimp hanging out over the last few days. I have seen it eat some frozen bloodworms that made it to the bottom, but I plan to get some live ones to make it more fun for everyone. As you mentioned on another post, I have some plants to trade if you are interested.. I know that AH has most of them because thats where I got them, but I can part with a pad of the Fissidens fontanus moss and one of those small pads of the Eleocharis acicularis if you would be interested. I am going to try and propagate the Ammannia sulawesi a few times before I can trade those away. I definately need another rock or two, but just haven't been able to decide on a layout haha
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 am

nice pics.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 am

well i have a lot of nice grape and other woods as well as some nice lace rock amongst other goodies.i am down for some plants if we can trade.i might have a blue berry for you too.
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 am

Great looking tank, not enough freshwater here lol
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm

there are actualy more fresh water people than saltswater people on the foorum i believe.it juts seems that there are not as many postings from the fresh water community...at least not yet.i am willing to bet that will change soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ENBG

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks alot man! It has actually changed quite a bit, I am waiting on a few new plants to get here and I have added a few new fish after some unfortunate losses, and the other fish have grown quite a bit. I am hoping to get some pictures up next week
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:01 am

i like the way the various substrates worked out, looks nice...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my 20 L freshwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 20 L freshwater   my 20 L freshwater Empty

Back to top Go down

my 20 L freshwater
Page 1 of 1