Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Empty
PostSubject: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 am

so i am a fan of the aqua clear filter models do to there large media compartment in the back and there clear housing.i know there are a few mods out there and i have some of my own.i am a coral junky so i thought what better thing to have than a filter is a filter that grows frags.check it out.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 am

so here i found, in a thrift store again, a little 7 watt light that was atached to a fancy clip board.i wish i had pictures of that before i dismantels it.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac10[/img]
and here it is after i took a dremel and cut off all the excess and smoothed it out.removed some screws and uneccesary pieces as well as rewire the cords.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac11[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 am

then to cut out the soon to be hood of the filter.it so happens the word aqua clear is the plastic that need to be removed so i mark it up.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac12[/img]
and then the good old dremel is used to cut out the lighting area.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac13[/img]
never mind the CDs i like to rock out when i have projects.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:32 am

i needed to have acces to the bulbs as they may need to be changed at some point so i went with some dollar store velcro stickers that i cut and fortified with better glue so that i can now be able to attach and remove the light at any given moment.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac14[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 am

then since i wanted the lights to be even cooler i decided to use one of the gonsen blue LED strips to give it some extra actinic power.the smaller strip fits perfectly surrounding the 7 watt bulb.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac15[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 am

i didnt like the bulb that had came with the lamp so i went to the animal house to see if they had a replacement and they happen to have a 50/50 7 watt bulb for me.i put this bad boy in and fired it up.it looks like its 20000 kelvin.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac16[/img]
NOT BAD...
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_ac17[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm

thats pretty cool, makes me want to look at that aquaclear1100, hmmm...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 am

bring it by and lets see what we can do.i only need the top really.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 am

put some rock in with some shrooms and away i go.gonna cut em up when i think they have adjusted to the lighting.
[img]DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Diy_aq10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications   DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Aqua Clear Filter Modifications
Page 1 of 1