Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY Hydnaphora Fragging

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Empty
PostSubject: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am

here is a simple step by step process i use to frag my branching hydnaphoras.first i like to use acrylic frag plugs for this one as i like to pre drill a small hole for the base of the frag to sit in.[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti12[/img]
[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti13[/img]
[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti15[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:51 am

then we get the specimen and use our coral shears..or in my case dollar store wire cutters and remove the desired branches..be sure to have a tupperware of tank water close by to keep the branches in before the final glueing.and remember if the fresh frags start to let off alot of slime coat in the tupperware rinse it out a lil bit with more tank water over a sink or bucket.[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti16[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 am

add a moderate amount of super glue gel to the inside of the predrilled hole and wait several seconds before finaly placeing the branch snug into the plug.[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti17[/img]
then sit back and let em grow.
[img]DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Gigsti18[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 am

wow, thats pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 pm

This works with most branching SPS as well but I usualy only do the pilot hole for very slimy specimens.I have done something similar with a small piece or base rock and put multiple frags into it much like a little growve of trees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Hydnaphora Fragging   DIY Hydnaphora Fragging Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Hydnaphora Fragging
Page 1 of 1