Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aquarium Fish International Magazine.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Aquarium Fish International Magazine. Empty
PostSubject: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 am

just thought i would share an interesting article that was in the april issue of this magazine about cleaner shrimps.it seems it wasnt just me that the cleaner shrimps that i get to observe were not just dying off at random.check this read out.[img]Aquarium Fish International Magazine. Cleane10[/img]the coral smuggling is kinda strange as well.in the may issue there is a article on sword tail and molly hybrids and them being much more common than i had expected.but this selective cannabalism of shrimps is odd find.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Weird! I wonder if other shrimp do this if food is limited?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:26 am

you know i think this has happend to me when i had a number of peppermints in a small tank that i would put in aptasia riddin rocks.i would keep them rather hungry so that they would find the little anemones tasty but this may have caused some cannabalism in the process.not sure on other shrimps but these are both from the lysmata family so it may be an issue with some of the other relatives.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:10 am

yeah we get that magazine, its good bathroom reading material. it made me sad when i read that article as i wanted to have a whole tank of cleaner shrimp Sad ...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 am

at least you can get two and be sure you will have a pair.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 pm

yeah, i just havent found any that are even 1/4 her size, she is a big girl, kind of afraid she would rip any other apart when it molts...
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

I've wanted to add a second to my tank after the 90 upgrade...I guess I'll try to find a big one?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:11 am

well presumably your larger shrimp that is already a resident would be male/female and a smaller addition would more likely be a non threatining male.it also sound like it will work as long as there are only two.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 pm

yeah after re-reading the article in the houses "library" i think two are fine, im just paranoid cause mine is a beast among cleaners...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm

So I went to resubscribe to a magazine and it came to my attention that there will be no more publication of this magazine.It simply didnt make it wich i find strange seeing as there is only two other fresh water mags in competition that I know about.Disapointing really as I do enjoy up to date hobbyist reading material.now I will have to look into the magazine called amazona or something like that.Just letting people know there is no more AFI Magazine Sad
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 pm

very sad to see a good magazine go belly up and become food for the inverts...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Fish International Magazine.   Aquarium Fish International Magazine. Empty

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Fish International Magazine.
Page 1 of 1