Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NPTAloha

In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade Empty
PostSubject: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:03 am

I'm buying a new to me 130 gallon tank and I'm thinking about doing a green overload tank. I was thinking masses of java ferns attached to tangles of manzanita and a carpet of dwarf sag, baby tears and maybe a few other low growing carpet plants.

Does anyone have any java ferns for trade or sale? I have plenty of species for trade. I'm also going to try to get rid of my 5 Pakistani loaches - so if you have a problem with ramshorn (like I used to), pond snails, or MTS, keep me in mind.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:26 am

I dont have any plants to offer right at the moment as i am also in the gathering mode, but i do have some manzanita, both branch and driftwood. A few large and small pieces. If you are interested, let me know and ill get some dimensions and take somr pics. Also, i should mention it has been soaking in wayer for a few months now
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:48 pm

i can grab a few of my java ferns and make a trade with you.i am sure you have a plant or two i would like to try out.
Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: Sweeeeeet   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks Badx. I came back to Albany this week (I work in Eugene 4 days a week) and my plants had grown out of the top of my tank! I wondered what happened so I asked my girlfriend and she guiltily replied, "I unplugged the light timer and forgot to plug it back in till just now."

It's crazy how plants grow tall and spindly under low light (in my case - no light for 3 days). My Ludwigia, Bacopa, Rotundifolia, and some of my vals have reached the top and the stem plants are air breathers now. There is a full two inches between the nodes on some of my Ludwigia.
In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade 2012-012

Unfortunately my 6 T5HO bulbs are heating the glass covers so hot that the airborne leaves are a bit singed.
In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade 2012-010

Even my crypts stood up tall and spiky, whereas they normally lay pretty flat on the gravel.
In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade 2012-011

I have a guy coming over today to check out my plants but I think he only wants $10 or $20 worth of plants, so I'll have a pretty good amount of plants to trade. Just let me know what you want. PM me and I'll give you my number. I live near LBCC in Albany but I'm willing to drive to Corvallis if you want me to come to your place. I'm free all day Tuesday (today) but busy all day tomorrow. I'm road tripping up to Vancouver to pick up my new 130 gallon!
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:41 am

I will snap some photos of that driftwood today or tomorrow. If everything works out, maybe you can pick it up then when you are in town. Otherwise i am in corvallis every tuesday.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:30 am

Here is a photo. Longest two pieces are 28 inches or so. They have been soaking for at least 6 months. Taking fresh manzanita.cuttings can take a while to properly prepare for aquariums.

In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade IMAG0753[code]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:58 am

this guy has some nice looking wood Razz i always like the rooted look.and that is a rather interesting photo of the plants reaching for the light.i suppose you could just trim and replant the lengthy ones.usualy when my lighting is out of whack, as in not enough time, i get some flowering plants like the bacopa and anubius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade   In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade Empty

Back to top Go down

In Need of Java Ferns. Plants and Loaches for trade
Page 1 of 1