Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zombie Snails?!?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hamstern

Hamstern

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Was checking out Badxgillen's fish tank and saw a very interesting sight-Zombie snails aka the Narcissus snail. They burrow themselves underground revealing only a long foot. When food is placed in the tank they all emerge from the thin sand into a feeding frenzy. I even got to see a Hermit crab try to assasinate one lol. He failed and the Zombie Snail got away. But I was wondering what exactly are these snails and some caring tips.
[img]Zombie Snails?!? Manton10[/img]
[img]Zombie Snails?!? Manton11[/img]
[img]Zombie Snails?!? Manton12[/img]
[img]Zombie Snails?!? Manton13[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 am

nasarius snails are a pretty sweet snail that will stir the sand while looking for tasty morsels to eat.they love dead things and i attribute that as well as there rise from the substrate to there being called zombie snails.mine eat omega one pellets wich is nice.there are a few types of nasarius snails but these big boys do the best job of churning the sand.if you look close you can see these guys combat the hermits with there shell waved back and forth rapidly to knock the crab away.they also exude some slime coat to make for a quik retreat then speed into the sandy depths.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Ahhh Nasarius they are called? Well so much for my awesome researching capabilities * face palm*. But thanks for the advice. I gotta see some more hermit crab battles in action......
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 pm

does that mean you are going to pickup that dardanus? the king of hermit crabs Cool let him get a killing spree?
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Killing spree lol. I've always wanted a Dardanus. Not ready for the king of all hermits. I've always thought it would be awesome to put one of them in an arena with several large left clawed hermits and see who will win.
afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 am

wouldnt be much of a contest pale like a bull in a china shop.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Well the Left Claws have got to put up an epic battle right? Or perhaps TWO Dardanus Magistos in one tank? I still think it would be epic just to watch.
afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:34 pm

DONT DO IT! Embarassed you should get a dardanus and feed it live foods from the coast like small crabs and starfish.maybe some shrimps and clams.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 pm

I suppose that would be a good idea-large live food. afro
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:17 am

Here is a shot of thee little guys making a getaway in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie Snails?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Snails?!?   Zombie Snails?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Snails?!?
Page 1 of 1