Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea Empty
PostSubject: EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea   EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

was chatting with a friend this morning and he brought to my attention that in Europe they have banned the apple snail due to them showing up in water ways.Now in addition the being invasive to a number of other countries including Hawaii it seeme that some hobbyists neglegence will cost the rest of the hobby again.i know recently there has been a ban here in Oregon on a few crustaceans as well as recently the trapdoor snail.here is a link to an article.
http://fishkeeper.co.uk/site/news/confirmation-of-the-official-ban-on-the-importation-of-apple-snails
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea   EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 am

im so not surprised that the EU banned another thing...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea   EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:56 pm

yeah I suppose but it is still a hit to the hobby no matter where this type of activity is taking place.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea   EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:05 pm

on another note i think i have seen some apple snail crosses recently so that means they are still out there just not in the pet stores.Not sure if this is bad or good.I suppose bad?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea   EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea Empty

Back to top Go down

EU Banned Apple Snails Pomacea
Page 1 of 1