Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kireek

kireek

Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe Empty
PostSubject: Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe   Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:05 pm

We have a outdoor salt water tank that burns though heaters.I am usually the first person to get shocked when one goes bad.
[img]Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe Heater11[/img]
check out the corrosion.I thought this heater was the only problem.Then I got shocked again a few days later. affraid So I installed this product as directed and when the power was restored the GFCI tripped.So by process of elimanation(unplugging fixtures,resetting the GFCI),the faulty device/s have been found.I can now examine the power head and hang on the tank filter for damage.So far I think this device has paid for itself.It saved a lot of time,trouble and possibly livestock.I hopefully will not be shocked again.Time will tell.
[img]Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe R2g_or10[/img]
This product is available at Animal House Exotic Pets,Corvallis.

Last edited by kelicruz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe   Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:18 am

definitely a worthwhile investment if that saves being shocked even once...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe   Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:10 pm

yeah at first i was against these as they in my opinion are a sort of bandaid but after reading and hearing about a few differnt tanks being completely destroyed by electricutions i am now not so against them.as stated beforeit will also draw the current from the tank and you.I often wonder how things go bad such as the heater you displayed or even the pump in another thread?in the heaters case it may have been overworking itself?bad thermostat isnt unheard of.maybe it was the same for the pumps?overworking and breakage of the housing with the cord and epoxy?i am wanting to have some preventative measures.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe   Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 pm

well salt water corrodes like nothing else...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe   Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe Empty

Back to top Go down

Rid-Volt Titanium Aquarium Grounding Probe
Page 1 of 1