Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nice Marine Ich Read

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Nice Marine Ich Read Empty
PostSubject: Nice Marine Ich Read   Nice Marine Ich Read EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f15/marine-ich-myths-facts-27003/
This is a really good read explaining the marine ich life cycle and various other facts.I recomend reading this before fish get ich as a drop of prevention is worth a pound of cure...or something like that.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Nice Marine Ich Read   Nice Marine Ich Read EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 pm

I suppose I should listen to my own advice and quarantine all new arrivals.I recieved a couple fishes from a friend and with it I also got some ich.So back to the old treatment for me.This time around I am going with a hyposalinity treatment as I usualy go with a medication...we will see.
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: ICH   Nice Marine Ich Read EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:35 am

This is such a good read for those of us who have not had the opportunity to do in depth research on this common parasite.Many local fish stores have ich in the system just waiting to show its ugly face.Best to be equipped with the knowledge.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Nice Marine Ich Read   Nice Marine Ich Read EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm

The hyposalinity cleansed treatment cleansed my fish of ich so I am in the clear now.There are other methods that work out well too listed in the nifty link above.
Back to top Go down
badguitarist

PostSubject: Re: Nice Marine Ich Read   Nice Marine Ich Read EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for the good read, I will keep this one filed away for future use. For what its worth I have used the hypo-salinity approach several times in quarantine tanks and had very good success with it. I have found that lowering the salinity slowly (as in 36-48 hours) is key or you can kill the already stressed animals very quickly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice Marine Ich Read   Nice Marine Ich Read Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice Marine Ich Read
Page 1 of 1