Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spawning mop questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charrio

Charrio

Spawning mop questions Empty
PostSubject: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Does anyone know anything about spawning mops?
I was reading about them and was wondering if you could use them for more than just Goldfish?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:10 am

oh yeah.they work for many sticky egg layers.Alot of rainbow fishes are best bred using spawning mops.I personaly like using java moss for the eggs but sometimes you dont have that option.I remember Dale talking about using fake christmas tree wreaths as mops.

Last edited by badxgillen on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm

When it comes to spawning mops don't forget killi fish.
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:15 pm

badxgillen wrote:
oh yeah.they work for many sticky egg layers.Alot of rainbow fishes are best bred using spawning mops.I personaly like using java moss for the eggs but sometimes you dont have that option.I remember Dale talking about using fake christmas tree reefs as mops.

I was thinking of trying them inside a tank, just to see if guppy fry or mollies will hide there as well.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 pm

are you going to make your own mops or are you going to buy some?I have been in the process of using a cheap dollar store plastic lufa sponge for a similar project.
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:01 pm

badxgillen wrote:
are you going to make your own mops or are you going to buy some?I have been in the process of using a cheap dollar store plastic lufa sponge for a similar project.

I was going to get some Acrylic Yarn and make my own, they seem really easy to make. I just need some craft corks so i can make it float.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:06 pm

nice! acrylic yarn.I was thinking about somthing that might not degrade over time and that would do the trick.You probably got it at a craft store yeah?
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 pm

badxgillen wrote:
nice! acrylic yarn.I was thinking about somthing that might not degrade over time and that would do the trick.You probably got it at a craft store yeah?

Yup was going to see about getting the yarn and corks at Micheal's Crafts, was thinking some dark green.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spawning mop questions   Spawning mop questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Spawning mop questions
Page 1 of 1