Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TUNZE ATO REVIEW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kireek

kireek

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: TUNZE ATO REVIEW   TUNZE ATO REVIEW EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 pm

This product sold as the Tunze Osmolator guarantees the safe and accurate compensation of evaporated water.It includes a 2 year warranty and is made in Germany.
TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9310" />

The manual describes and illustrates several different aquarium scenarios.So one can easily see how to install the device in a cabinet,sump,open tank etc..
  A sleek black sensor is placed were you wish the desired water level to be.If this sensor is without water for 3 seconds,the pump will kick on and water will be dispersed.
 The safety sensor(grey cord)  prevents a over fill.
 The metering pump(white and blue) runs though the controller and requires no additional electricity.
TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9311" />
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Magnetic components   TUNZE ATO REVIEW EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:21 pm

The larger magnet will work through glass 1/2" thick and is designed to hold both sensors.

TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9312" />

The smaller magnet works through glass up to 3/8" thick and can be used to mount the safety sensor in a different area of the aquarium.

[img]TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9313[/img]
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Osmolator Controller    TUNZE ATO REVIEW EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 pm

This unit is to be mounted using sticky Velcro.That's right,I'm not the only person who thought high tech sticky Velcro belongs in saltwater applications.Location above the aquarium is not recommended.In addition,the jacks should be protected from moisture,salts and the the possibility of falling into the sump.

TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9314" />

TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9410" />

The unit will run a self test every time it is turned on,as indicated by a beep.

The LED lights indicate one of several things including:

Green Level  -The water is at the desired level
 Red Too high - Water over fill.Alarm sounds and the pump will shut off automatically.
 Yellow Pump on -pump is pushing water
 Red Too low -The reservoir is empty,don't let this happen.
TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9410

If water penetrates the device all functions will crease and the red LED's will blink.In addition the pump will never run longer than ten minutes as a safety feature.
The unit may be opened if necessary to remove accidental water contact and to make adjustments.The "dosing power" can be set to a maximum pumping height of 3,6 and 9 feet.For systems over 1,000 gallons it is recommended that you set the controller at "max",and purchase a additional accessory.Also the alarm may be disabled if desired.
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Calcium Dispenser,sold separately.   TUNZE ATO REVIEW EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:47 pm

TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9315" />
The calcium dispenser holds kalkwasser diluted in water to be released slowly throughout a week.Whenever the pump runs,water passes through the dispenser and then into the aquarium.This prevents damage to the pump which would result if the chemical was added directly to the reservoir.You can expect to refillable reservoir and the calcium dispenser every 7-10 days.

TUNZE ATO REVIEW <a href=TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9316" />

The only complaint I have about this system is the hole in the calcium dispenser should be larger.This is a tight area to have to fumble around with powder.I don't find it terribly inconvenient to remove the power supply when cleaning my tank.I believe that must be done with any ATO unit.
 I am very happy with the quality and convenience this product provides.Within the first week my system was topped off five times.I really under estimated the amount of evaporation that was happening.I expect this to have a positive impact on my system.

[img]TUNZE ATO REVIEW Dscf9411[/img]

Last edited by kireek on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUNZE ATO REVIEW   TUNZE ATO REVIEW EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:51 pm

I am so glad some one has decided to write a review,especially about an Auto Top Off as I think about them from time to time. Looks like quite a thorough setup going on there, electric eye and fail safe make for a great form of automation, I am used to the old float valve. I would look into one if I had any room for a reservoir but not any here...But in a future build yes.

I am also with you on wanting to have my actual equipment controllers higher up instead of down below were I hate getting into.Whenever I have to do water change maintenance on a customers tank that has one of these I have to unplug the power source so it does not fill and scream\beep. it was also a pain to get too in one of the stands underneath were it was placed. Would have been nice if it was on a panel beside the tank or above where the lights and timers are.

Man that magnet bust be Really strong if it is still effective through half inch glass. I personally would make myself a nice frag rack out of it.could probably put some weight on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUNZE ATO REVIEW   TUNZE ATO REVIEW Empty

Back to top Go down

TUNZE ATO REVIEW
Page 1 of 1