Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)  Empty
PostSubject: Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)    Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)  EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae) Another attractive medium sized loach that does well with medium sized semi aggressive to aggressive fish as it tend to get slightly territorial once it becomes an adult.
There are several desirable traits in this Botia species such as its appetite for snail wich helps keep a planted aquarium pest free. And their constant foraging behaviors that ensure the substrate does not have any uneaten food stuffs.

There are a few variants in this loaches patterns but they tend to be similar enough to see the characteristic "Y" "O" that gives thes guys their common name. Many of these loaches will have a bronze sheen to them but some times you will find some nice golden ones that I find to be highly desirable

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)  Dscf9910.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)    Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)  EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Another thing is that these loaches seem to much more tolerant of PH differences than some of the other Botia species. I have had these in South American tanks with a PH of around 6.8 and I have had them in African rift lake tank with a PH as high as 8.4. Just to mention that this fish is from neither part of the previously mentioned world they are actually from India\Bangladesh.
Back to top Go down

Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae)
Page 1 of 1