Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feeding Harlequin Shrimp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
InvertsRock

Feeding Harlequin Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:36 am

I just got a beautiful Harlequin Shrimp because I was told they would eat those little invasive white starfish. He may be eating them but I can't tell. I offered him several tonight and he seemed a bit oblivious. I do not want to hack apart a chocolate chip starfish so does anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 am

They are kind of oblivious to begin with...how long ago did you get it? Sometimes they take a little time to acclimate and start eating...they should eat those stars (as long as they are asternia)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
InvertsRock

PostSubject: Got it 3 days ago   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am

I just wanted to be sure it was ok.

Does anyone know where I can get another? I got this reddish one at The Premium Aquarium but it was their only one. I guess they are happier in pts.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 am

mine ate any star you can throw there way.i originaly got them to eat a nuiscance asternia star and he did the trick.i would love to see your red variant as i have only seen the white.hmmm finding another one.might be something you should special order as they seem to not be one of the more common inverts. i believe its due to there cost as well as they are not the best at shipping.
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 am

Hmmmm...I am confused...are we talking about freshwater or saltwater harlequin shrimp?????
Can you guys please clarify. TY
alien
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:37 am

salt...i suppose this thread should be moved.
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 am

That is what I figured, but wanted to make sure. Smile
alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Harlequin Shrimp   Feeding Harlequin Shrimp Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding Harlequin Shrimp
Page 1 of 1