Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calcium and magnesium dispensing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kireek

kireek

Calcium and magnesium dispensing Empty
PostSubject: Calcium and magnesium dispensing   Calcium and magnesium dispensing EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Can you combine calcium and magnesium into one container for auto dosing purposes?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Calcium and magnesium dispensing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium and magnesium dispensing   Calcium and magnesium dispensing EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 am

From what I have read there are products off the shelf that do just that but I feel it might be asking for trouble to dose both at the same rate from a pump as they can require slightly different amounts to keep the tank stable. I was reading an article the other day about the amount of magnesium and strontium in coral skeletal tissue and that the amount used can as much as double if the saturation of the particular element is present. This replaces the calcium carbonate to a minute extent but was interesting never the less..
Back to top Go down

Calcium and magnesium dispensing
Page 1 of 1