Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Empty
PostSubject: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 am

i had been putting off fragging some zoanthids i have had for some time so when i finaly got around to it it was a bit of a chore.lotsa goodies here.i evengot a couple new colors from a friend they are the ones with spark like spots near the center.they are all cool..and i still have to frag up a bunch of blue tubbs zoas and some red skirts.gotta trade some of these. [img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Tanks_10[/img]....its FRAGALICIOUS...
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:32 am

Wow wish i had a tank full of those.... Just got some today though. Maybe we could work out a trade Wink
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 am

lets do it ..post up what you got and we can work it out.in good time you can have a tank like this.and i can help.what colors do you have?i have other colors that are not shown in the pics..some that put these to shame.you have any pics please...
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 am

are you a wizard?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: yeah yeah   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 am

With a flick of my wand flies a spark then a puff of smoke ....PRESTO!!!
nah just alot of fragging.i should post it up next time i do a batch as it is pretty crazy sometimes.i am suprised that this batch had such a big survival rate.i had to dremel a bunch of these but i went through the bottom a ways then snapped them in proper pieces.with proper saftey gear ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am

then there are these little guys that need a bit of a seperation time.[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Zoas_n12[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:03 am

i see, they are pretty...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:09 am

and some more freshly glued frags a couple differnt colors that i will have to wait for them to open as i didnt pay atention as to wich was wich when i cut them.they all look alike when they are angry.[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Frags_10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:53 am

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF..gotta frag just one more.[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Gigsti26[/img]
but you know how just one can turn out.
[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Gigsti27[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am

got these bad boys from the red skull.hope he likes his blue tubbs zoas.[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Zoanth16[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:06 am

and while i was at it i had to frag me some more.[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Zoanth13[/img]
[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Zoanth14[/img]
[img]FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Zoanth15[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:09 am

all but the one at the tip of that coral spike on the frag plug have made it, not sure what that was... but everything is doing well, a little angry, but low flow and it seems alright, will post pics tomorrow when it calms down.
do galactius like light, or should i move them to some shade?
that front tank needs a fish or ten...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:13 am

galaxea needs light but it can adjust.i didnt think about it but throwing all those differnt corals in one bucket without seperation probably wasnt the best idea.hope there wasnt to much damage.give em some space and time.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 am

they will be fine, the galaxea is in high light, near the top as its free to do harm up there, but it looks fine, even saw some feeder tentacles waiving about... they will all be fine...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 am

i am glad to hear that.they are in good hands now.grow my monsters grow!oh and you shoulld post some of those bad a$$ purple zoas that you have under your lights.i did earlier in the thread.trade em up you have a few.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 am

oh yes, i just want to give them time to heal up and get in a cycle so i can harvest and still keep em spreading...
i will take some pics of a bunch of stuff tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Photo01352

the purples have been angry it seems and arent showing up well, i need a camera that isnt a phone, but the purple ones get yellow glowing tips under accintic, but only when they close, so they look like little eyes, lol...
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Pretty Palys What a Face I likey
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

they really seem to like the tank more than the purples...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 am

it might be a high light zoa.sometimes the blue pigmented corals are tinted that way as a sort of sunscreen to protect themselves.and have you done a water test as of lately.they may be sensitive as i have found there to be alot of zoas with differnt needs.i say bump up the light and check the water.if you can.if you cant drop me a line.oh and i want some of those palythoas too.when its settled in a bit.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 am

its a large rock, so i guess i will put it on a eggcrate shelf, as it wont fit on the rear frag racks...
i will bring in a water sample tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 am

okay made it a simple rack, some are coming out, but we will see...

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Photo0141

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Photo0140
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 am

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Photo0143

under night lights...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:18 pm

those palys are still looking so happy..i still owe you since you gave me two frags..you want a difernt type of paly?
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 pm

we will work something out, im in no rush.
the palys are loving it, but the purples still seem to be hating life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style   FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style Empty

Back to top Go down

FRAGALICIOUS: Zoanthid style
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next